Old March 22nd 05, 07:01 PM
Mike Lee

Wolseley 6-80 wrote:
"SNADARC" wrote in message

FA EDDYSTSONE EC10 RX SHIP WORLDWIDE Super Condx A cOASSI CrECIEVER

FROM THE

1960'S

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5760439623

I had an EC10 in the 1970s.
It's got germanium pnp transistors and it's sensitivity and selectivity
are rubbish.
The only use I put mine to was with a 2 metre converter in those a.m.
days.

Yes I used to work for the company many years ago the main transistors
we-

OC171 the 4 lead type.
OC71 (I think)
And OC81 for the main amp. (if my memory is correct that is)
The Mk II had a 470 Khz trap on the front end.
The IF stages were double tuned at 470Khz
And a filter at 1000Khz for the audio. At least thats what I remember
of the Mk II.

The BFO was rubbish to say the least.
I found it hard to resolve many signals that were to strong.

--
http://uk.geocities.com/swift240/mikes_page_1.html