Old March 22nd 05, 10:55 PM
Crazy George

Thanks for checking in, Richard.

Please refresh my admittedly fuzzy memory from 40+ years ago. Did they (RCA) not adjust the phase delay by using
different lengths of dielectric in the inside between adjacent sets of slots? Allowing one size (per channel) of
radiator, but allowing selection of downtilt after machining of the exterior. Or was that Dielectric's design? And,
that particular antenna never worked to expectations, and I always said I thought it had too much tilt. And indeed it
had an extremely strong signal on the ground near the tower. Much more than any other installation I ever visited.

P1-9-1324 back then.

--
Crazy George
The attglobal.net address is a SPAM trap. Please change that part to: attdotbiz properly formatted.