Old March 23rd 05, 01:03 AM
Simon VK3XEM

Mike Coslo wrote:

Brian Reay wrote:

Well, in that case why don't you call it something else. Then come back
when someone makes you call it by the name that upsets you.

Untill then, 'mellow out'.

Dan, why are IRLP fans so quick to tell people to shut up and go
away when someone disagrees with them. Are people like you and
"concerned amateur" typical of what we might meet if we sample the mode?

- Mike KB3EIA -

The argument I see here is some appear to be *AGAINST* IRLP therefore it
should not be allowed on the Amateur Bands, and that is what is annoying
me the most.

My attitude is that any Amateur should be free to operate what ever
band, mode, etc. they wish provided they are not interfering with others
without being hounded by others simply because they don't believe that
mode (or what ever you want to call it) should not be on Amateur Radio.

There is plenty of spectrum for us to *SHARE*, to pursue the hobby in
the way each of us want to. Although I have not operated CW myself I
hope that allocations remain for those that do make use of this part of
our hobby. Just because I don't operate a given mode does not mean that
I should believe it be abolished.

The great thing with our hobby as I see it is that there are so many
different aspects of it to explore, IRLP is just one of them!

--
The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/cli...IENT_NO=157452
VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/