Old March 23rd 05, 03:48 AM
running dogg

Not only the R75 and the other major shortwave reciever are
discontinured, but according to this website I found, ham radio has also
been discontinued and extinct for years?

Then I wonder what I'm hearing on the frequencies formerly used by ham
radio operators?

hmmm... It must be signals from the past. LOL

That reminds me of an old radio station promo where these two guys are
out in the middle of nowhere and they're tuning around on the radio in
their car and they hear the promo for this particular radio station, and
one of the guys says "But there's not a radio station for miles" and the
other guy says "They must be broadcasting from beyond the grave" and
then the radio station announces a new single by Jimi Hendrix and Elvis
Presley, and the guys go "Whoa...".

That's it, dead hams broadcasting from beyond the grave, or
retransmissions of old signals by aliens on Alpha Centauri.

The guy that wrote this website is serious.
He wrote

"How they do it in Frequency, they use a very particular radio system
called HAM Radio. It is an old system not in use today and there would
be little interest in using it today since nobody is using it anymore.
On top of this, you need a license to operate one."