Old March 23rd 05, 05:30 PM
Mike Ward

On 22 Mar 2005 18:51:00 GMT, Tom Betz wrote:

And very shortly after he took over at Sirius, the few free web streams
that Sirius talent had negotiated for their hard-core fans were
unceremoniously turned off.

You know, it's no secret Mel is no fan of streaming...but I don't
really blame him in that case.

At Infinity, his strict "no streaming" policy increasingly meant that
the company seemed to be walling itself off from the growing world of
digital audio.

But at Sirius, his company is now PART of that world, and I can't
blame him for cutting off free feeds of exclusive talent, that you
can't hear anywhere else. I do believe they should stream those folks
to subscribers via their in-house streaming that already exists for
music stations on Sirius.