Old March 23rd 05, 07:49 PM

"... Car radios can often be quite good as far as reception...."

This again. I'm not disputing you. In fact, I have yet to encounter the
home hi-fi stereo receiver that approaches a car radio in terms of
AM-MW performance. I can attest to the remarkable ability of a run of
the mill Delco car radio to haul in AM stations from miles away.

There was a page at the C. Crane site commenting on this.
brief delay while I search my files. SFX: the song played near the end
of Jeopardy while the contestants think of the answer to the final
question.

Ah, here we go:

Subject: AM Car Radios For DX?
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 2003-02-03 14:46:59 PST

Here's that website at C. Crane:
http://www.ccrane.com/news/archives/...ws10.28.02.htm

Never throw anything away. Yeah, but, attempting to open that site, I
find that the URL no longer works. One is referred to

http://www.ccrane.com/news/news-archives.aspx
and from there to

http://www.ccrane.com/news/car-radio....10.28.02.aspx
and
http://www.ccrane.com/news/car-radio....11.11.02.aspx

These pages deal largely with poor reception and noise suppression.