Old March 24th 05, 12:10 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"wonderer" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

"Simon VK3XEM" wrote in message

Get over it! Go back to your CW if you want, who bothers you or bags
you for using it, I know I certainly don't.

--
The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/cli...IENT_NO=157452
VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/

Thanks for bringing this up Mate!.

My major problem is folks refering to interconnecting "hams" over the
internet as "ham radio". Ham radio is R A D I O . Not INTERNET
connected to Nodes then to a radio somewhere. Call it whatever you
want, but it is NOT ham radio.

It is an H-T audio chat room, Dan.

- Mike KB3EIA -

As I said....call it whatever they want. But it ain't Ham Radio.

oh!! yes it is

let's take it one bit at a time

R = repeater = radio, receiver of repeater linked to
transmitter of a repeater in another country
the reverse is true.

I = internet, no problems here

L is for linking, no problems here

P is for protocol, to enable the two repeaters
to be able to be linked to gether, it is
radio at both ends.

what problem do you have with this

ALF VK5ZKL

Gawd Almighty you Ausies are a thick headed bunch, ain't ya?

Ham RADIO is communications with a RADIO or a RADIO system.

INTERNET is communications with a NETWORK of interconnected computers
organized in such a manner to send "packets" of data world-wide.

Do you see any mention of RADIO there?

Next.

Dan/W4NTI