Old March 24th 05, 02:15 AM
Simon VK3XEM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"Brian Reay" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Oh I don't think so Brian. Spark was a MODE not a different system of
sending the information.

CW is continous wave. I.E. still sending information by the same
method.
I.E. over the airwaves now called RADIO.

Do you see the difference yet?

I do. And so does anyone else with a brain.

Look...new technology is fine. Old technology is also fine. But these

two

things ARE NOT INTERCHANGABLE. Radio is Radio. Internet is Internet.

Get

it?

What I don't 'get' is why people get so 'up tight' over such things?

If people enjoy VOIP systems fine, if they don't, fine. Ditto Morse,
Packet,
Phone, Repeaters, .........

I've yet to see a facet of the hobby that has adversely impacted my
enjoyment- even if is a facet that leaves me cold.

What is this urge to insist everyone does it 'your way'?

--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk

Because I am right, and you are wrong. Further more I am NOT trying to
force you to believe it my way. I am just trying to show you that you are W
R O N G.

Keep calling IRLP or VOIP Ham radio all you want. The rest of us know
better.

Dan/W4NTI

I've got bad news for you, with a quick check of
http://status.irlp.net/statuspage.html showing a total 1595 IRLP Nodes
within the IRLP network and 139 currently engaged in use as I post this
message, that IRLP is a popular and *VALID* part of Amateur Radio.

Just because you do not see it as part of Amateur Radio that it isn't.

It might not be part of YOUR hobby, but that is a different story.

--
The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/cli...IENT_NO=157452
VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/