Old March 23rd 05, 11:09 PM
Don Forsling

"roger carroll" wrote in message
Do you know or remember Detroit radio 1967-68??
Someone claimed he was earning $350,000 a year doing a morning show in
Detroit. Came from Cleveland where he was making $300.000 at the time.

Yeah, it was Joseph P. McCarthy (J. P. McCarthy on the air) on WJR. I can't
remember the years Joe moved from Detroit to Cleveland and then back again.
He the WJR morning man for many years, stayed in Cleveland just a few years,
then moved back to WJR for many more years. He died of a fairly rare form
of cancer several years ago. I have a CD that WJR produced commemorating
his career--a recording of the morning broadcast on WJR the day after his
death.

Don Forsling

"Iowa--Gateway to Those Big Rectangular States"