Old March 24th 05, 09:29 AM
Concerned Amateur

In article . net, Dan/W4NTI wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

"Simon VK3XEM" wrote in message

Get over it! Go back to your CW if you want, who bothers you or bags you
for using it, I know I certainly don't.

--
The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/cli...IENT_NO=157452
VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/

Thanks for bringing this up Mate!.

My major problem is folks refering to interconnecting "hams" over the
internet as "ham radio". Ham radio is R A D I O . Not INTERNET
connected to Nodes then to a radio somewhere. Call it whatever you want,
but it is NOT ham radio.

It is an H-T audio chat room, Dan.

- Mike KB3EIA -

As I said....call it whatever they want. But it ain't Ham Radio.

Dan/W4NTI

You really have some complex about what constitues Ham radio dont you.
Your so caught up in its definition, have you forgotten how to
actually enjoy the hobby ?

Let me ask, is a repeater on the ISS Hamradio ? We had to use
a rocket to get it up there, does that make it anything less worthwhile ?

When repeaters first started, I bet you said "thats not hamradio".

Digital modes use computers, does that make it any less Hamradio ?

Get over your complex and leave IRLP to those that want to use it