Old March 24th 05, 05:58 PM
bpnjensen

So you murder carrots and potatoes, grains, etc? To suggest that
plants are
somehow "less" than animals is species-ist (racism applied to other
forms
of life). Ever swatted a mosquito, taken an antibiotic or washed your
hands? I wonder how many life forms die everyday from these activities?

Once again, accosted by an apologist for the murder industries who uses
false logic and ridiculous analogies to uphold both the murderers and
his own chosen lifestyle. It is this simple, Arnie:

I do not need meat to thrive. The killing of anything I do not need to
survive is unjustified. Therefore, the killing of animals and eating
them is unjustified, unless it is in self-defense or a life-or-death
emergency.

Where the eating of foods is necessary to survive (and to survive I do
need to eat something), then it is justified. This why it is OK for
seals to eat fish.

Maybe the people who choose to live on rocks and bushes made a damn
poor choice. In any case, it is not OK to kill a huge proportion of
the seal population to sell off furs and increase the fisheries, which
off the east coast have been grossly depleted by rampant fishing. If
they need to kill some seals to get through a particularly harsh
winter, fine - but you won't convince me that wholesale slaughter is
justified at all.

Beyond this, it is impossible to have a logical discussion about almost
anything controversial on this medium with a person who argues using
illogism, so I won't even try. Suffice it to say that I choose to take
the least harmful and least cruel way. You may choose to take a more
cruel way; that is still perfectly legal, if morally bankrupt. If you
post supporting cruelty, I will point out where I think you're a
barbarian. I don't especially care if you like it or not, agree with
it or not.

The last word is yours.

Bruce Jensen