Old March 25th 05, 09:58 AM
Martin, VK2UMJ

"Dave S." wrote in message

"Simon VK3XEM" wrote in message
. ..
Walt Davidson G3NNY is a *HYPOCRITE* because he carries on about
computers and the Internet here yet what is he operating? Maybe you
should give up on the Internet Walt and dust off your spark gap

transmitter.

Well, I don't normally side with the grumpy old b****r, but this time . .
.
. . .
Of course Walt's using a computer and the internet, but to contribute to a
NG.
He is not using VoIP instead of a radio, and then calling it amateur
radio.
Granted IRLP requires a radio at each end, but the other VoIP modes do
not,
and that is what is the issue with many of us.

But we're NOT talking about the *other* VoIP modes, just IRLP. I am not
trying to debate EchoLink..

So, are you saying that IRLP *is* part of Amateur Radio as it uses radio
*linked* using internet protocol, but EchoLink (etc) isn't as it uses NO
radio at all??? Can we assume that is correct?