Old March 25th 05, 10:59 PM
FireStarter5

That's just it. I bought the 909 quite a few years back and never dropped
it or anything. It just happened that one morning I got up and there was
this little black blob taking over the bottom right side of the LCD display.
By then the warranty was long gone, but I took it back to the store, and
they basically didn't want anything to do with it. The 909 still works fine
but the "blob" takes out a portion of the screen.

Unfortunately I avoid Ebay like the black plague, and the best Radio Shack
by me either sells the YB400, the Sat 800 or the wind up FR200's, plus the
Eton line (but not the E1...yet). The YB is nice but even smaller than the
909 and I'd like to move up in size rather than down. The Sat 800 is huge
and comes with two opinions from people, they either love it or it didn't
meet their expectations.

I'm not looking for Drake performance. The 909 is good, but I imagine the
800 is a bit better overall for pulling in stations.