Old March 26th 05, 04:59 PM
Cecil Moore

If photons have no mass I do not see how they could become entangled!

Photons have no *rest* mass. When they are associated
with RF waves, they are traveling at the speed of light
and thus indeed do possess mass. Experiments have been
run on entangled photons. I'm about 2/3 of the way through
_entanglement_, by Amir D. Aczel. Einstein's work suggested
entanglement but he said it was "too spooky" to actually exist.

Quantum physics is indeed spooky. A single bucky ball, made
up of 60 carbon atoms, has been shown to interfere with
itself in double-slit experiments. It is certainly spooky
to see a single molecule of 60 carbon atoms behave like a
wave instead of like a particle.

As for electrons don't they just re-orient instead of travelling?

Electrons are charged particles and move in the presence
of EM fields. Since they possess mass, they move relatively
slowly compared to the speed of light. Someone recently
posted the speed of electrons in a wire.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp