Old March 26th 05, 06:41 PM
Ase

Do we need liciense for this?

"WCRV WCRV" wrote in message
The Low-Power AM station hobby has become more popular over the past 2
years.
In the U.S, it is legal to broadcast over the AM band 540kHz-1700kHz
using a 3
meter antenna and a 100mW transmitter.
Until recently, building a small AM radio station was very complicated
and very expensive, until now.
Using a SSTRAN AMT-3000 transmitter, which comes as a kit for under
$100.00US, or a built version which comes assembled and tested for under
$200.00 US, and a 3 meter, coil loaded and tunable antenna for around
$225.00 US, anyone can get on the air right now!
I get questions about range: the system I am describing has had reports
from 1/2 mile to over 4 miles! Range totally depends on these factors:
location, scope of the land, conductivity, choice of
frequency/adjacencies, and use of this antenna.
If the transmitter and antenna are installed correctly in a proper area,
several miles are possible. Many people are interested in a good, solid
local signal and this system does it for a fraction of the amount of
money you will spend for a comparable system.
If you are interested in low power AM Broadcasting, I invite you to
visit this site:
http://antenna18431.tripod.com/antenna.htm
In this site you will find information on the 3 meter antenna, pictures
of it, information and pictures of the transmitter and a link to email
questions, comments and inquiries to.
If you would like to be on the air, this is an excellent choice to do it
well, and at a very affordable price!