Old March 27th 05, 04:05 PM
Cecil Moore

Caveat Lector wrote:

A friend asked me this question and he is not on the NG's, can someone here
advise him.
His e-mail is
or I will relay any responses that are posted here. - Thanks

"My question is the proper way to feed a 3 element end fire array.
What I have now is 3 dipoles 122 ft. total length. (61ft. per side) fed with
450 0hm ladderline, and spaced at 121 ft separation. I'm using 0.975 for
velocity factor. the 450 ohm ladderline is NOT transposed. I'm feeding the
array at the center dipole. What I need to know is , is this correct or
should I transpose at out side dipoles, the feed line. The whole array is
242 ft. long. And is up at 85 ft. Nobody seems to know if I should change
feed line or not. If you could help I'd very much appreciate."
Thanks es 73's Tom Weller KF8DX

The description seems unclear to me. EZNEC can probably answer
the question. A free demo version is available at:

http://www.eznec.com
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp