Old March 27th 05, 06:17 PM

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:20:58 GMT, "
wrote:

As gain increases with a yagi design the forward
lobe narrows .

Let's certainly hope so. But if you knew the answer you could

then use the knoweledge to extend the narrowing to provide more gain.
All is known about antennas isn't it?

It doesn't with my antenna where the lobe gets larger
as radiation is deflected to the forward direction.
Obviously with a yagi cancellation is occuring as well as addition.

With high gain yagi's the lobe
becomes so narrow it is deemed to be a hinderence
instead of an advantage.

Huh, I didn't know this...for several decades now I've thought it was

an advantage.

You are not alone as I thought it meant quieter contacts but it is said
(ARRL publication) that it then becomes more difficult to aim, ala the
rombic.
That's why I see my antenna's flattening of the main lobe without loss in
beam
width an advantage.

For example my EME friends and I have always believed that focusing
the available transmit power on the moon on transmit and rejecting
stellar background noise on receive was desirable. How did we go so
wrong?

But back to the question.
-------------------------------------

Do you know what creates the narrowing of the main lobe ?
It only takes one diffinitive post from a real guru to explain and then
the others will follow. Until the real guru comes forward with an
explanation
all others will procrastinate and avoid the question without giving
a hint that they do not know and are awaiting the explanation from a real
guru.

If you actually know Wes then jump in so others may follow.

Regards
Art

..