Old March 27th 05, 09:48 PM
Cecil Moore

Asimov wrote:
It was a generalization. BTW I meant to ask this some time ago, but
isn't "Cecil" a girlie sort of name? :-)

Cecil is from Welsh "Seissylt" from Roman "Sextus". There
are about ten men named "Cecil" in my home town of 4000
people. Remember the director, Cecil B. deMille?

Cecilio is Spanish masculine. Cecilia is Spanish feminine.
Cecile is French feminine. I have never heard of a female
named "Cecil".

I can easily imagine you
might have had a traumatic school experience as kids can be brutal.

Kids suffering from ignorance do have a tendency to be brutal.

I suppose you may have compensated by growing up to become a
lumberjack or a marines sargent?

I compensated by growing up to be six foot four. Judge Cecil
Neeley was indeed a marine corps general before he retired.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp