Old March 28th 05, 12:36 AM
RadioGuy

Caveat Lector wrote in message
news:ZzG1e.1302$k57.230@fed1read07...

RadioGuy wrote:
Well, you raise the question that's been on my mind for quite

awhile---just
what was the production on the 6146? I don't have the slightest idea

how
find that tidbit. They were well in production before TV became
commonplace---maybe 10 years or so.

Well here is how you find stuff

Go to this URL:
http://www.google.com/

Type in 6146 vacuum tube (Web Search)
Get several responses -- weed thru them
In the second down is Issue 6 Articles
which sez
the type 6146, was new in 1952.

Wanna see a photo of a 6146
Use google and search images for 6146
Wanna see a pinout
use google and search images for 6146 vacuum tube

Please make a note of it. Google that is -- can find damn near anything.
Including you -- see search groups

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Dear CL

Thank you sincerely for confirming my search procedure on the 6146
thermionic valve.

True to your word, I have already found the data that you mentioned in your
reply. I also managed to download the relevant pages from the RCA tube
handbook (1964) concerning the 6JB6, 6JB6A and 6146 for later study at my
leisure.

I still have yet to find the production data of the 6146 (how many
manufactured)---my two hour long Google search still has come to naught.
Similarly, production data for the 6JB6 (how many manufactured) has escaped
me as well and would be of additional interest in this running thread.

I agree most heartily, I have made a note of the Google search engine---as a
matter of fact, I have made it my home page for nearly ten years!

Fraternally yours,
RG