Old March 28th 05, 05:26 AM
M.S.

Actually I'm kinda surprised that you didn't get anything in OKC. I always
monitor .52 when on the road, and practically every time I pass through OKC
there are at least a couple of hams on the air, chatting away. But I find
the same thing on the highway, even the hams that have a ham tag don't seem
to monitor .52. Coming back from HamCom in Dallas a couple of years ago I
had a ham call me on .52, he said mine was the first response he'd gotten.

However, I find the same thing on the local repeaters when I pass through,
although I maintain up-to-date programming in my radio and I can hear the
repeaters unkey, I don't get any answers to my calls. So it's not just
simplex.

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...
K0CKB and I just returned from an 8-week RV vacation. During the 8,500
mile trip we continuously monitored 146.52, and had our calls and the
statement "Monitoring 146.52" prominently visible on the rear of our
coach. Most of our travel was on busy Interstate highways, and in/near
populous areas including Minneapolis, DesMoines, Kansas City, Topeka,
Wichita, OKC, DFW, Waco, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Brownsville,
ElPaso, Las Cruces, Globe, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Tucson, Las Vegas, and
points between.

Not once were we called on 146.52.

At every population center we announced "K0HB (or K0CKB) monitoring Five
Two", often more than once.. On only one occasion (thanks WK5C) did we
receive a reply.

Is .52 broken?

73, de Hans, K0HB