Old March 29th 05, 04:26 PM
K4YZ

Jim wrote:
Is 10 meters in the HF portion? If it is then what is wrong with this

picture?
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2005/03/28/2/?nc=1

I'm certainly not Dee, but I was trying to figure out where you
might be going with this, espeically since I couldn't find any
reference to 10 meters in the article.

However I think the article itself is misleading and will
misdirect potential HF operators.

I realize the INTENT was to provide some encouragement to those
who might be interested in HF operating but are intimidated by the
Morse Code exam.

The PROBLEM, however, is that when you approach ANY learning curve
with the idea that "I only need to know 'this much' to pass", you
usually wind up having to spend even more time IN the training curve
because you wind up having to re-do a lot to get to where it is you
want to be.

There has to be a dozen different learning "systems" out there to
learn Morse Code...One of them is going to work "for you"...Just sit
down, devote some effort to it, and get it done. Trying to "get by"
with only half or less of what you need to know, Morse Code or any
other topic, will just leave you ill-prepared, frustrated and short of
your goal.

73

Steve, K4YZ