Old March 30th 05, 08:29 PM
K4YZ

Dave B. wrote:
"Rabbi Phil" wrote in message
My friend Lennie Schwartz owns a radio store and was stuck with

close
to a hundred 52 simplex radios he could not sell. As his Rabbi &

chief
Sanhedrin, Lennie asked me for advice. Now Lennie has three

gorgeous
college-age daughters, so I had Lennie get them some cute little

outfits,
tight tops and tight short-shorts, similar to what the Hooters

girls wear.
We had the following message boldly printed on the butt end of the

shorts
and across the bust area of the tops:

"I MONITOR 52 SIMPLEX"

In less that 24 hours, Lennie sold all his 52 simplex radios at

five times
the
original asking price and had to order more. Every male ham of any
age swamped Lennie's radio store and demanded a 52 simplex radio.

NOTE FOR HANS: It is not the message that is so important, as how

you
communicate the message.

Very classy on his part.

In his next "smart business move" will he just move his Hooters-girl
lookalike daughters into prostitution?

Disgusting!

Folks...sex, or the suggestion of it, sells everything in this
country...Even those who argue AGAINST "sex" are using it to thier
advantage by the mere suggestion of it. (Before "NYPD Blue" ever hit
the airwaves, Jerry Falwell and his ilk were protesting it. The
producers said the best advertisement they could get was Jerry railing
against it!)

I think the idea was cute.

Also, we have people fussing about the "greying, all white male"
demographic of Amateur Radio in the United States...so maybe this gave
it a kick in the rear...? We're not talking about child pornography
here...Young ADULT women, the same like of which adorn the sidelines of
any NFL game on Monday Nights, showing some booty and cleavage to get
YOU to look twice. It works. Deal with it.

Of course there will always be the "we could do it without that"
contingent...But that contingent hasn't done a whole lot to promote the
program either. So...given your choice between a poster with Fred Maia
or Gordon West promoting Amateur Radio, or a diverse selection of
scantilly clad cheerleaders holding HT's I am sure none of whom are
licensed to operate...which do you think would garner more
"check-outs"...?!?!

73

Steve, K4YZ