Old March 30th 05, 09:44 PM
Jim Hackett

While the sound DOES come out of both sides on headphones, it doesn't
appear to be in stereo.
I see nothing mentioned of stereo in the help file either. I could have
sworn it had stereo fm output. I also have a PCR-100. Maybe it has stereo
out. I'll have to check before I open my mouth again.

wrote in message
oups.com...
The Icom web page doesn't list FM stereo in the specs.
The owners manuyl does list FM stero in the specs and the
diagram doesn't show a MPX decoder/
And my PRC1000 only has one audio line, as determined
by moving a single shunt to change from spkear ot line for the
AF output.

You might want to check yours again, I suspect you will find
that it, like all the other PCR1000s dosen't have FM stero.
A simple test is to use a stero headset. I bet you only have
audio in the left side.

Sorry I can't spell all that well under good circumstances, but
today I am down with the flu and the cough syryp is a little too
strong.

Terry