Old March 30th 05, 05:08 PM
Jack Painter

"William Mutch" wrote
I listen a lot to the 2 mhz marine traffic as I'm something of a
USCG fan as a result of being the originating station of a mayday on
2182 in Cheasapeake Bay in 1977. Coast Gaurd Radio Annapolis and a
crash boat crew out of Easton MD busted butt to help me get medical evac
of a man overboard. Marine band traffic can be really interesting.

Good to hear that William. 2182 KHz is still used a lot, in spite of the
fact that the U.S. has never declared a Sea Area A-2 that would mandate it's
usage. The majority of coastal-Atlantic Mayday traffic is from fishing
vessels in New England waters. The stations listed below either make regular
Marine Safety Broadcasts or come up on 2182 KHz for SAR cases, or both:

UNITED STATES COAST GUARD
USCG Group Portland ME
USCG Group Southwest Harbor ME
USCG Group Woods Hole MA