Old March 30th 05, 10:27 PM
John Passaneau

Their location is much better for Europe and the west coast than here in the
east. My propagation software shows that for today (30th) its possible to
work them at 1:00UTC on 30m, 4:00UTC on 20 and 17 and 13:00UTC on 15m. The
problem is that they are seldom on those band at the required times. They
have been on the lower bands working Europe not North America. As I work and
I'm unwilling to take a day off to work DX they have been a hard go. Anyway
Sunday on 30m is when I worked too.

--
John Passaneau
Penn State University

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
John Passaneau wrote:
The problem for me, is here in Pennsylvania, they have been at ESP

signal
levels the whole time. I can sometimes hear them well enough to tell

it's
them but not well enough to even copy my on call on CW. The best signal

I've
heard from them is on 30m, were I was able to work them. But even then

the
signal level was really 4 by 3. Looking at the propagation they are not

in a
good place for the east coast at this time in the sun spot cycle.

Likewise here.

The loudest I heard them was on 40CW on the second day of the
expedition. (when I posted that item about people not listening...)

Worked 'em on Sunday on 30 where they were pretty good copy.

Someone spotted them on 17m at something like 0530z, I think that was
Tuesday morning UTC - I could hear them but just at ESP level.

Haven't so much as heard them anywhere else. (haven't tried phone)

Would think 20 would be good fairly often and 15 in mid-morning CT most
days.

But it's their expedition - if they weren't having fun they'd be
somewhere else!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66