Old March 31st 05, 09:14 AM
Richard Harrison

Mike Coslo wrote:
"I`m looking for some good antenna reference books."

For a radio amateur, the ARRL Antenna book is unbeatable. You already
have great recommendations. I like them all.

If I had only one book on antennas it would be Terman`s "Electponic and
Radio Engineering" which covers not only antennas but whioh covers radio
and electronics like a rug. It`s tops for keeping it simple, but not too
simple, concise and accurate.

Also, I would be bereft without "Transmission Lines, Antennas, and Wave
Guides" by King, Mimno, and Wing. This was a hurry-up WW-2 production to
train US Armed Forces Officiers who were assumed to be a little short on
prerequisites, so the authors kept it as simple as they could with no
sacrifice in accuracuy. It is a gem.

Lotsa of luck in your quest for a good library. My list is by no means
complete. Bibliographies in some of the listed ooks have more
suggestios.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI