Old April 1st 05, 04:43 PM
David

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:05:22 -0500, malomarski
wrote:

Hey all,

I'm looking for a wris****ch that is capable of giving me both my local
time and UTC or GMT time. I've been googling the subject a little but I
am not finding too many.

I'm wondering if any of you use a watch with GMT time and if so what do
you (or don't you) recommend.

I generally don't prefer a digital watch, but I'm willing to try an
analog watch which has a little digital window for a seperate
(independently settable) time zone.

I've also seen some seiko, citizen, etc. with a seperate "gmt" hand, but
I want to make sure these things actually work (alot of them are not
able to be set independently from the local time I think...)

Please post suggestions, and sorry if maybe a little of topic, but it is
for shortwave listening.

Thanks,

Malomarski

Those circular displays with the pointers are pretty anachronistic and
beset with problems such as lack of shock resistance, parallax error
when reading, wear and tear on mechanical elements, etc.

That being said, a Rolex GMT Master has the extra 24 hour analog hour
hand.