Old April 2nd 05, 08:11 AM
Paul Hirose

A Timex Expedition may fit the bill. There are several versions. Mine
is more than 4 years old and seems to have been discontinued, but I'm
guessing the current models have the same good features.

It's easy to sync the watch to a radio time signal. In time set mode
you can punch a button to zero the seconds, then adjust the hours and
minutes at leisure while the seconds continue to tick. This is a much
better system than some other digital watches I have. They stop
running as soon as you enter time set mode. That makes it impossible
to change just the hours without losing your time hack.

The Expedition has a secondary time zone display which you can switch
to permanently (it replaces the primary time until you switch back),
or you can just peek at it by holding a button. Minutes and seconds
are slaved to the primary time, so you can't set up one of those
peculiar time zones with half hour offsets. The secondary time has its
own independent date display, and your preference for AM/PM or 24 hour
time format can be different from the primary display.

This is the first all-digital wris****ch I've owned. I bought it in
late 2000 as a temporary cheap stand-in while I made up my mind which
real watch (with hands) to buy. Well, I liked that cheap watch so much
I never did replace it with a "real watch"!

After 4+ years I'm still on the original battery.

Daily rate averaged
about .15 seconds gained per day when new and increased over time. But
for the past year it's been stable at about .36 - .40 seconds per day.

--
Paul Hirose
To reply by email remove INVALID