Old October 11th 03, 08:10 AM
Tony Angerame

Thanks Stan, Brian and Sverre. I think I'll check out the URL for the
simplified and improved version. Good info. I guess if it's simple enough
it's worth a try. I'll let you know if I do and what results.

73 Tony WA6LZH

"Tony Angerame" wrote in message
om...
Back in 1977 there was a circuit published widely that claimed to
correct drift in a vfo by sampling the output, downconverting it,
comparing it with a crystal oscillator then correcting a varicap in
the vfo. Has anyone ever tried this? How well did it work? This
circuit, if it works, could be resurrected and bring a lot of the
older Boatanchor Rigs back on the air. It was called an FLL or
Frequency Locked Loop and was not very complicated.

Tony WA6LZH