Old April 2nd 05, 11:15 PM
Hal Rosser

interesting.
if coating the antenna with ferrite can reduce its size,
would ferrite sleeves over the ferrite sleeves reduce the size even further?
we're always looking for ways of reducing the size of our dipoles.

"Tom Donaly" wrote in message
m...
Reg Edwards wrote:
Let's start a parallel thread on the effect of coating a 14-gauge
antenna wire with a thick layer of ferrite. Say 1mm thick,
permeability = 100.

Would this have any effect on velocity factor? If so, by how much?
----
Reg

In his book _Ferromagnetic Core Design & Application Handbook_
Doug DeMaw claimed to have put ferrite sleeves on a vhf dipole
which reduced its size without introducing significant loss.
He claimed to have cut the size of the dipole in half.
You'll have to do the same thing yourself if you want to know
whether or not he was right.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH