Old April 3rd 05, 09:51 PM
Richard Fry

"Roy Lewallen" wrote
The chart shows that in the absence of ground loss (the
"theoretical" curve), the difference in gain between a
very short vertical and 0.25 wavelength high vertical is
0.4 dB (300 vs 314 mV/m). This is approximately
the number I've quoted before on a number of occasions (0.45, or less than
0.5 dB).

___________________

However even when using the theroretical plot, the field difference between
0.25 lambda and 0.5 lambda radiators is 1.65 dB (380 vs 314).

Going from 1/4 wave to 5/8 wave the field ratio is even mo almost 3 dB
(440 vs 314).

I have seen it written on this NG that an improvement of antenna gain of as
little as 1dB is worthwhile.

RF

PS: I see I read the wrong side of the chart in my earlier post. Thanks
for your mercy g. Well, the point was right, even if the numbers were
wrong. /RF