Old April 3rd 05, 06:58 PM
§ Dr. Artaud §

wrote in
:

Automated? Perhaps I don't understand all the functions of the program,
or I simply don't understand your usage of the word Automated.

I use the Bandscope function to tune between a specific range of
frequencies. Such as between 7.0 and 9.0 Mhz, the user determines the
range. The bandscope tunes quickly using the signal levels and transposes
them into a the "scope" display. You simply click on the peaks and the
radio tunes to the corresponding frequency.

I have tried a couple of other programs, this one tunes through the range
fairly quickly.

The interesting thing about this program and the bandscope is that once
the bandscope display is complete (the full scan of say 7.0 to 9.0 Mhz),
you can grab the indicating line in the display with the computer cursor
and drag it, tuning smoothly up and down the scope display, and therefore
simultaneously tuning the radio. I hardly even look at the radio
anymore.

Everything is included on the computer display. Volume, both Passband
controls, RF Gain (when so configured), squelch, etc. etc. etc.

I cannot believe that anyone would have the one of the supported radios
and not download and use this program if they have their radio near their
computer. As I said, I didn't download it because I believed that I had
to have the CAT interface to use it. Not so though with the Icom R-75
serial port, and I am sure other models with serial ports as well. The
odd thing is that the site doesn't seem to point out the ability to use
the serial port, it is as if they assume that you will know.

The program also can use the ILGRadio databases, I am not sure if they
are supported anymore, but I believe they are.
http://www.ilgradio.com/

If you can, give it a try, it's free and I don't believe that you will be
disappointed. Give it a little time to get used to, as it has so many
features, but it is written with comprehension in mind.

Dr. Artaud

"§ Dr. Artaud §" wrote:

Better safe than sorry, have you been able to do any big time
automated HF scanning with it?