Old April 3rd 05, 08:20 PM
Telamon

In article ,
"lsmyer" wrote:

Last night, Art Bell opened his program talking about the brand new radio he
just got from Yaesu. He said that this particular unit happens to be the
very first one in the US, and maybe even the world. From what I can
remember, it had a price tag of $11,000 and weighed about 80 pounds. He said
that there would be a link to a picture on his website. I fell asleep before
I learned anything more about it. But I do remember hearing that he wants to
use this next week as playtime, and we'll get a full report next weekend.

If anyone is interested, here's a link to the site. Just click where it says
"Photo from 4/2/05" which is directly under the words "Art's Webcam."
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/.../02.html#recap

I have a feeling that some lucky hams will be receiving Mr Bell just a
little better than normal this next week thanks to his brand new Yaesu
transceiver.

That can't be good radio. It does not have enough buttons and knobs on
it. You really think it weighs 80 pounds?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California