Old October 12th 03, 08:13 AM
Joe

I had one of them they do use a product detector however the ANL is no more
sophisticated then a SB-301, Tempo One, HA-230 (all use diode clippers)
From what I remember its just 2 solid state diodes back to back, especially
on a strong signals they "nip" the output of the IF all the way down
You will notice the audio gets distorted too, its normal.

-Joe (NOSPAM)

"Mike Knudsen" wrote in message
I dusted off my SX-117 tonite and it plays great, but I was reminded that

when
the CAL-ANL knob is set to ANL, the audio output goes way down. If I turn

up
the AF gain, the sound is good, and the ANL seems to work, more or less,

but I
can't believe this is normal for the audio to drop so much.

Assuming it is not, can anyone tell me the best places to look for the

problem?
Maybe the rotary switch itself? I have the manual and schematics.
Tnx es 73, Mike K. AA1UK

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.