Old April 4th 05, 12:26 AM
RSL

Bill, I was not even aware that Radio Shack made this high end of a scanner, PRO-96 , I just checked it out ?? How long has it been on the market, and has it received very good reviews.. Funny, I though Uniden was the leader in the scanner world??

Robert, San Diego

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message ...
Consider Radio Shack's (GRE Mfg.), PRO-96. The Icom IC-R20 does not do
Trunk Tracking, or Digital modes. If you don't need digital, consider Radio
Shack's (GRE Mfg.), PRO-95, the price has been reduced to only $129.99, an
exceptional deal!

Bill Crocker

"RSL" wrote in message
Reports of problems with the BC296D having sensitivity issues early on. I
guess they just broke. Has this problem now been resolved??? In addition
is this still the best hand held scanner on the market or do you have
another pick for the top radio. Icom IC-R20 is nice but seems to lack the
TRUE scanner options that Uniden puts in its units. Just looking for an
update on this radio. Thank You!!