Old October 12th 03, 01:24 PM
Dave Edwards

Well, there are also a lot of guys who swear up and down "I know the way
to package and ship"....I've received more than a few boatanchors with
cracked
knobs, and dented cabinets etc.
I could build a wooden box too. Probably in less than a half hour.
I am not so sure I'd put my 75A4 in it and hand it to DHL.
I think the original post is AOK wanting to see how to do it right. I bet
like
anything else...there are little tricks and methods to make the thing
bulletproof.
Too bad a simple subject like crate building requires you to buy a video!!
.....Dave
"Space Charge" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a website/ftp/anything on the Net that instructs
you in how to build your own shipping/transport crates? Looking
forward to the possible day when I might have to crate up my
boatanchors for moving, I was in sticker shock when I got a quote from
my local crater. (This guy's kid is going to Yale.)

I have the woodworking tools, and could probably learn to do it pretty
fast. But there just doesn't seem to be a site out there with a
"how-to" on this subject. Used several search engines, too.

Thanks to the group in advance,

Lin/KJ6EF

For email responses, remove "nospam_".