Old April 4th 05, 10:18 AM
BDK

In article Cf44e.3249$ZV5.240@fed1read05, says...
What does GRS mean??? I guess Radio Shack scanners are better quality as
well!!

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,

says...
Radio shack suxs! and NO! sensitivity issues

I do minor repairs on scanners all the time, and the number of Uniden
made radios with any of the defects listed below is at least 3 to 1 over
the amount of GRE radios with problems. This applies to Uniden made
radios that RS sells too...

Speaker jack (The plug where the speaker wires connect to the PC board)
not soldered at all. (Uniden only)
Speaker jack soldered on one lead only. (both VERY RARE)
Speaker wires not soldered. (Uniden only)
Antenna lead badly soldered, or not soldered at all. (Both)
BNC connector not tightened correctly (90% Uniden)
Epoxy on CPU was still wet when radio was assembled, speaker leads are
embedded in it, and have to be dug out or redone completely. (Uniden
only)

I just did another one, a Pro-94, bought as "no audio" at a garage sale.
The speaker jack was not soldered on one side and the speaker wires had
to be dug out of the epoxy. I charged him 30 bucks, so for $55 total, he
got a fully functioning Pro94.

Not a great radio, but for that price, I'd take it..but a Pro 93 or 95
blows it away...

BDK

GRS??? You mean when I said GRE, the company that makes the scanners
like the Pro 93, 95, 96 and 97??

BDK