Old April 4th 05, 09:43 AM
Glen Overby

John Smith wrote:
Anyone work with the gamma-match to the point of becomming a guru?
I am looking for "Everything you wanted to know about a gamma-match--in a
nutshell."

Start with the ARRL Antenna Book. My 19th Edition, (C) 2000, discusses gamma
matches in chapter 26: Coupling the Line to the Antenna.

In other words, what set of formulas would give you length, conductor
spacing, gamma capacitor value, ratio of gamma rod to driven element
diameter, and a starting measurement for the shorting bar between
conductors-- for a given frequency?

The best resource I've found for this is lecture notes by Dr. Thomas Montoya
at:

http://montoya.sdsmt.edu/ee492/fall2...2_fall2004.htm

Glen, kc0iyt