Old April 4th 05, 06:14 PM

Quote:
The null is too broad to be of any use. Instead, tune the receiver
down to 15kHz

I thought the minimum frequency was 100khz??
Can you explain this?

Hi Pete

No, I am not one you sent the diodes to.

I just received the used receiver today and it sure has a lot of
birdies but I knew that when I bought it.

I have an MFJ-1024 active antenna but I did not use it yet. The
receiver schematic seems to indicate that there is DC on the antenna
connection.

I noticed in a post that you replaced capacitors in the audio chain and
front end. I am getting an order to Digi-Key ready and any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Yesterday I ordered from Alltronics.com a matched set of four
HP5082-2835 diodes. From a search I found out that these diodes are the
same as the 5711s.

I have a function gen, Tek475 scope, frequency counter, dvm and analog
meter, HP wave analyzer, AD8307 RF meter, so calibration should not be
very difficult.

Tonight I will look at the schematic and your suggestions and
familiarize myself with the receiver.

Cheers

Richard

Email address is no good. Only for logging onto google groups.