Old April 5th 05, 12:42 AM
§ Dr. Artaud §

wrote in
:

Thanks for the link.

Perhaps you can help me with something? I see that the site that you
provided the link for sells cabling for the Yaesu FRG-100 and the Yaesu
FT-840, and I need both cables. (you probably just got them 2 sales)

I know that my Icom R-75 has the ability to connect via the CAT or the
Serial Port. The Yaesu radios only have the ability to connect via their
CAT ports (i.e. that have no conventional serial ports). If I bought
these cables, would I be able to directly connect my Yaesu radios to the
computer, without additional signal level conversion?

I downloaded HAM Radio Deluxe with the idea that I was going to need to
get CAT compliant cabling. On a lark, I used my USB to serial adapter,
into a serial cable, into the Icom R-75 serial port, and viola, the
program works with the radio. I didn't expect this. I thought I had to
have a special CAT cable to use HAM Radio Deluxe with the radio, as the
software does not make any fanfare about using the serial port. "Ham
Radio Deluxe (HRD) is a suite of free Windows programs providing CAT
control for commonly used transceivers and receivers."

Look He
http://www.eham.net/articles/2148?eh...b6dc8340758a5b

It's a homebuilt circuit to interface your radio with a computer. Is all
this circuitry included in the cabling from the link that you provided?

I am somewhat confused concerning the difference between the CAT port,
the serial port, and the expectations that the software has concerning
these ports.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr. Artaud

My fault for being loose with the word. I meant could I run .txt files
with HF freq's. I have downloaded and installed the program and am
starting to play with the software virtual radio's.
I have ordered a LUK-3 cable and USB adapter for my Kenwood
ts-450-sat. http://www.sarrio.com/sarrio/w1gee.html
ILG is still supported with the newest software release 031b687.
The learning curve seems pretty quick. CAT software for the ts-450-sat
is hard to come by.