Old April 5th 05, 04:09 AM
running dogg

Brian Sturges wrote:

"Brian Sturges" wrote in message
Yep, English starting at 02:50. The noise floor is high, but I copy every
word.

No, I take that back- It's surprising how much a woman's voice articulates
better through the noise than a man's. It is a crummy transmission.

Yes, the woman announcer enunciates quite well, and her accent is easy
on American ears. But she talks too fast and I can only understand less
than half of what she says. And when the men come on, that percentage
drops. And during their special program Saturday night, when they had
all those people with different accents on, they all were virtually
incomprehensible. Vatican Radio simply has crummy audio-their website is
a better source of info on the situation than their shortwave
transmission, just because the audio on the SW broadcasts is so bad. I
thought only Radio Cairo and a few other of the Muslim countries had
this problem.