Old April 5th 05, 04:20 AM
running dogg

-=jd=- wrote:

On Mon 04 Apr 2005 09:14:39p, Al Patrick wrote in
message :

This article is NOT MINE and I do not know the accuracy of it but I
figured a few of you would be interested in it. :-)

======

The Pope's Death: A Defining Moment
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for
light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for
bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

As I write this, Pope John Paul II is near death. Once he draws his last
breath, a Vatican official will lightly tap three times upon the
deceased pontiff's forehead with a golden hammer and call his name. Upon
receiving no reply, the cardinal chamberlain will remove John Paul's
fisherman's ring and smash it.
{snippage}

And if there *is* a reply, they will summon the "Holy Sledge-Hammer"...

From the looks of it, they didn't need the golden sledgehammer this
time. Maybe next pope...