Old April 5th 05, 08:13 PM
cl

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:38:47 -0500, Joe User
wrote:

Bruce W.1 wrote:
Does anyone make a telescoping HT antenna meant to operate (1/4 wave)
over a broad band of frequencies with marking for those frequencies?

I think I saw one that was advertised as 1/4 wave on 70cm when closed,
1/4 wave on 2m when fully extended. Can't remember the brand, or where
I saw it, though.

-j

Radio Shack sells one. I have one, but I wouldn't want to hang it on
an HT connector. Too heavy. I use it on a Bearcat scanner.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=20-161

Dick - W6CCD

I can agree with Dick... I have 2 such Radio Shack antennas. I use one for
my Service Monitor, the other is for any other test purpose I may have, NOT
for replacement for an H.T. A tad too heavy. They were heavy for like the
HTX 202, if you used it on one of the micro radios out now days, the thing
would be top heavy.

cl