Old April 5th 05, 09:46 PM
Vinnie S.

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:01:19 GMT, Lancer wrote:

Didn't you mean holds their hand while they "think" about installing
an antenna?

I haven't installed it mostly because I haven't received an Alpha Delta dipole,
which is on backorder, which I plan to hang at the same time. And since there is
trench digging involved, there is no reason to dig 2 trenches, days or weeks
apart. That and getting help to run and get tools or such, and putting them in a
rope and bucket, so I don't have to climb down. Better to knock off 2 birds with
one stone.

Vinnie S.

So you don't have any antennas up yet? Put yourself up a dipole,
longwire. It sounds like you have quite a bit of room, why not put up
several antennas? Don't limit yourself to one "well thought out"
antenna. At least you will have the fun and learning experience of
building antennas. And then you will have an antenna to compare any
new antennas to.

I only have the desire to put up these 2. The Imax for CB and 10 meter, so I can
talk to the locals, and the Alpha Delta for everything else. I have no interest
in a beam. I have no interest in running 1,000 watts on my ham radio. I am
somewhat interested in the "QRP" low power DX. I simply want to satify the same
couriousity I had as a kid, that I have not done so in about 21 years. That is
it. It is not that complicated. I had not picked up a CB, or a communications
book, or antenna book, in over 21 years. This is why I am asking these
questions. But apparently, this is some sort of crime, that needs criticizing
and name calling.

Vinnie S.