Old April 6th 05, 06:33 AM
Jeff Mayner

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 16:02:50 -0400, wrote:

Any time you add radials, especially the drooping type it will add a
slight amount of gain. The added gain is most likely only a fraction
of what the radial manufacturer will quote. The gain would be in the
order of 1db. Hardly worth the cost and extra wind load.

That is basically what the manufacturer said. They also said it would
have more affect on Receive, than anything else.

Probably not even enough to tell. Not by your ears anyway. I had an Antron
with their stupid gpk-1, or whatever they called it, and I saw no diff at
all. As stated earlier in this thread, I did see a lot more wind load.

Don't do it Vinnie! ;-)

Jeff

Vinnie S.