Old April 6th 05, 01:07 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:39:20 -0400, jim wrote
in :

Frank Gilliland wrote:

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:20:17 -0500, landsharkdeepthroatsmen
wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote in
:

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:53:15 -0400, Vinnie the Helpless Ham
wrote:

snip

Which one would be better?

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

He don't like you Frank, your in his Killfile. He won't see your message
unless he is like Landshark and has a imaginary kill file.

It's clear that Vinnie avoids both confrontation and education. But I
didn't post the link for his benefit. I posted it because others might
have the same or similar questions -- people who want to actually
learn something so they don't need someone to hold their hand while
installing an antenna.

that was a smack at him frank. his posts concerning his newfound amateur
status was actually what this board is all about. Never mind its about
an amatuer question but rather radio in general. He doesn't like you and
the above post butresses his point. You are sounding like Eitner who is
acidic also.

Why should I be nice? I -was- nice. We have had civil converstations,
and I even gave him enough info to install the antenna in his attic,
which apparently worked quite well. Then he stuck his finger into the
political lion cage and turned into a sniveling crybaby after getting
scratched.

As for being a general-class amateur, there are literally hundreds of
hammie websites that cover nothing but antennas, not to mention the
ARRL manual. If he's so serious about radio, why beg a CB group for
info on how to install a prefab antenna? J.H.F.C, how did he pass the
exam without knowing a few antenna fundamentals? And if part of the
hobby is to learn about radio comm, why ask a CB group for tech info
when there are countless resources available for hams? Isn't anyone
elmering the kid?