Old April 6th 05, 12:49 PM
Pete KE9OA

The progress is very good for the Loop Antenna, meaning that I built up a
prototype this weekend. It works very well. Later on this week, I will be
doing more experimentation with a regeneration circuit. Since the loopstick
is balanced, I am thinking about adding a feedback winding at each end of
the loopstick; this way, balance is maintained. It uses the common diff-amp,
with a pair of JFETs that are buffered with an emitter follower. I am using
Varactor tuning........the advantage with this approach is
twofold.........first of all, it eliminates that hard to get tuning
capacitor, and secondly, it eliminates the proximity effect from you hand
when tuning because the tuning voltage point for the Varactor is at AC
ground.

Pete

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
Pete [KE9OA],
.
Glad to hear that the work continues
and that the project is near completion.
.
What is the status of your Loop Antenna - Option ?
.
waiting and hoping ~ RHF
. . . . .