Old April 6th 05, 12:53 PM
Pete KE9OA

With the active loopstick, it shouldn't be a problem..........that is, if
the signal that you are looking for is above the ambient noise level.
Remember those ads for the Drake SW-4 receiver? They would always say "if
conditions permit, you will be able to hear the signal".
I think you be happy with the radio. I had a visitor from Minnesota a few
weeks ago. When he heard one of the prototypes, he said "let me know when it
hits the market". (slightly paraphrased). He was impressed with the audio
performance of the prototype, and this was just using an LM386 as the audio
amp. The final design will use an automotive power amp, with a really cool
audio processor ahead of it.

Pete

wrote in message
In a straight line,it is only fifty miles from where I live here in the
West side of Jackson,Mississippi to Monticello,Mississippi.Will that
radio pick up that AM station in Monticello in the daytime from Jackson
without an external antenna? If not,take it back to the drawing board.
cuhulin