Old April 6th 05, 12:56 PM
Pete KE9OA

The receiver will definitely have a high impedance input, and for the 50 ohm
input, I will have a pad on the main PC board that the SO-239 connector
center terminal can be soldered to. I wasn't too crazy about that BNC
approach either.
Hopefully, the receiver should hit the market by the end of summer. I will
be leaving the company at the end of April, so I will get everything done
that I can. I should have an initial board layout done in the next two
weeks.

Pete

"starman" wrote in message
Hi Pete,

If you have to choose only one antenna impedance input, the high one
would probably be more useful, particularly for users of real long wires
like beverage antennas. However those like myself with an inverted-L
which uses a matching transformer and coax lead would appreciate the
50-ohm input.
Is there a reason why you are considering only a BNC connector for the
low impedance input? How about a PC board mounted female F-connector
which can be adapted by the users to their antenna lead wire.

Any idea on when the MW receiver may hit the market?

Pete KE9OA wrote:

I am finishing up the MW receiver..............anyway, I have a high
impedance antenna input in addition to the 50 ohm input. With this type
of
receiver is the high impedance input enough, or would interested parties
rather have both inputs.
The reason I am asking this is because my employer would like to have all
jacks mounted to the main PC board. The only thing I have been able to
find
so far has been a right angle BNC connector for the 50 ohm input.
Opinions welcomed!

Pete

News==----
Newsgroups