Old April 7th 05, 12:58 AM
Rich Grise

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:56:31 +0000, Joerg wrote:

Hello Jim,

Particularly considering it was done BC (Before CAD

Maybe I should try it again, using off-the-shelf components ??

To be fair you'd have to do it with components that were available at
reasonable prices in that era. My 2nd DCF receiver was built with several
AF126 germanium transistors. On the first one I cheated by using opamps
and somehow that didn't feel right back then.

Except for the fact that one receiver drove a Nixie display I never built
one with tubes. Now wouldn't that be something?

Yabbut, it'd be a little cumbersome for a wall clock. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich